Breakfast is a must for all of us. It is the most important meal of the day as its the first meal you put into your body that breaks the fast. A nutritious breakfast is very important for our health and weight management, but not having it at all is the worst option. 5 Reasons why you should eat breakfast: burns fat, keeps blood sugar even through the day, helps to fight daytime cravings, lower incident of heart disease, keeps our brains sharp, helps with concentration and productivity.
Eating in the morning is just a matter of habit. Taking 10 minutes to make and eat some nutritious food in the morning can be simple. Fresh organic fruits, oatmeal, whole grain breads, or hard-boiled eggs are just some of the quick and nutritious breakfast
Protein, Fibre and Whole Grains make for a breakfast that will keep you energized and sharp throughout the day.
Protein in the morning will jump-start your metabolism and make you feel fuller longer helping to avoid those mid morning temptations and cravings.
Fiber from fruits, vegetables and whole grains is important for digestion. Men should consume 38 grams per day and women should get 25 grams, including soluble and insoluble fiber. Three grams of soluble fiber in the diet can have cholesterol-lowering effects.
Many breakfasts are full of carbohydrates, so this is the perfect time to make those whole-grain choices. Whole grains are rich in the B vitamins thiamine, riboflavin and niacin, which provide energy. To keep you marching through your day.
5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD EAT BREAKFAST.
1. Starting your morning with breakfast will boost your metabolism and keep your blood sugar levels stable during the day.
2. A morning meal helps energize your body, keeping you active and productive until lunch.
3. A nutritious breakfast reduces risk for overeating and cravings later in the day.
4. Eating breakfast has been associated with a lower incidence of heart disease.
5. A morning meal is necessary not only for your body but for the brain as well. Eating a nutritious breakfast helps improve your concentration and productivity.
A good Chia pudding is my favourite meal for breakfast as its easy to make and fuels my body with its required nutrients.
Chia Pudding Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups dairy-free milk.
- * We used DIY coconut - use creamier milks for creamier, thicker pudding, such as full fat coconut and cashew)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup (more or less to taste)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For Serving / Optional
- Fresh Fruit
Note: Please use all organic ingredients